Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Resolutions ?

Here's mine: NOTHING but One thing

John 3:27 (King James Version)
John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

John 5:19Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 5:30By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

John 6:63The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

John 8:28So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

John 9:33If this man were not from God, he could do nothing."

John 15:5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing..

Acts 20:24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

Romans 7:18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

1 Corinthians 2:2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

1 Corinthians 2:6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

1 Corinthians 4:4 (King James Version)
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

1 Corinthians 13:2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Galatians 6:3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

Ephesians 5:11Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

Philippians 2:7but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

1 Timothy 4:7Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly.

Luke 10:38As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

John 6:28Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"
John 6:29Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

Get the picture?

Have a blessed New Year.

Bob

12 comments:

In Christ Alone said...

So like....you are going to do "nothing"?
What a concept!
I think I will do nothing...same as you...I always appreciate some amazing, earth-shattering advice. :) and nothing is right up my alley.
Because of Him,

Mikey's God Talk said...

Good post brother, my favorite verse John 15:5 speaks all to me. As soon as I try to do anything without Christ I am in trouble, wasting my efforts. If He is not in it and it is not of Him, then nothing will happen. A bit concerned however, KJV, what happen to the BLV ??

Mikey <>< <>< <><

In Christ Alone said...

Anything yet? :)

In Christ Alone said...

I like that one RoG. How appropriate! :)
In Him

Walking Church said...

I think my pool odds for the next posting are getting better!

I am, optimistically, in for Feb. 14th. Valentines Day! ~:)
(RoG)

Mikey's God Talk said...

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

MIKEY <>< <>< <><

Mikey's God Talk said...

When taking the pulse of a crucified guy one must be careful not to put ones finger in the nail hole ROFL !!! I am certain he does have a pulse cause I had lunch with him last week. Maybe he is a real slow typist!!!

Mikey <>< <>< <><

(We love you Bob)

Walking Church said...

I like a good nap myself!

Mikey's God Talk said...

Post soon, Valentines day Wednesday!!! LOL

Mikey <>< <>< <><

Mikey's God Talk said...

I guess he was really serious about nothing since there has been nothing since !! LOL

Mikey <>< <>< <><

oncoffee said...

nothing... continues at this site... but if it is nothing, is it really continuing?

Walking Church said...

I win the pool!